Pages

7/21/2011

Of slideshows and vibrators

I just learned that the slideshow feature in my posts doesn't show up for everybody!! That is annoying, and I have no idea why. So, I just edited my posts so far and provided a direct link to the Picasa album, which hopefully should show up for everybody. If you still have problems viewing the pictures, let me know!!

As a quick update, I arrived in Rome yesterday, utterly exhausted and sleep-deprived. I managed to sleep about 12 hours last night, and I will probably hit St. Peter's Square soon, now that I got some coffee and cold calamari in my belly. My hostel is right outside the square, which is very neat I have to say.
Where do the vibrators come in? The hostel owner (very nice woman) showed me my room yesterday, and at some point she was looking for a pen in the hallway cabinet.
Her: "Oh, what is this? A lipstick? Hmm, the cleaning lady must have found this and put it there."
Me: "Errr, not sure..."
Her: "How do you open this thing? What a weird lipstick!"

*turns the bottom of the 'lipstick'*

"What on Earth! It moves!!"

Me: "I don't think this is a lipstick..."
Her: "What else could it be?"
Me: "Well, I think it's for women.... you know..."
Her: "Oohhhhhhhhhhhhhh ....... *silence* ...... *blushes* ..... well I knew those things exist ...."

She then spent the next 5 minutes stammering about how the place wasn't "that kind of establishment" and all :)

Cheers,
Ralf

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are pretty familiar with what a vibrator looks like...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, "instant classic" sums it up. I'm still laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this has been my favorite post so far. simple & true.

    ReplyDelete