Pages

9/03/2011

Clearly, I'm gay!

Already another update?! Well, my new hotel here in Udaipur has excellent internet access, so I might as well make use of it. Got some new pictures (link below), so there's also something to show.

The post title, well, here's the story. Not surprisingly, Indian culture is a "bit" more conservative than Western ones, and things are running in "proper structures" quite a bit more. As such, my driver has been lecturing already several times about how things work in India, where you get a job, marry a girl and then activate the Pez dispenser.
Clearly, I do not fit into this stereotype, and I have had another Indian individual allude to (implicitly) that the only reason for this could be that I'm gay (which most of my closest friends find rather laughable)
So far so good then. I arrived tonight in my new hotel in Udaipur (a major city in India), and immediately I noticed that the bell boy was a bit *too* friendly. And also flamingly gay. I mean, damn, I've seen quite a few gays in my life, but that guy made Brüno look like an evangelist Republican (wait, they're also gay, that's circular reasoning).
Now, with aforementioned reasoning that I'm *clearly* gay, the guy didn't wait much, and went straight for the kill.
Convo transcript:

Me: "I'd like a Mango Lassi, and the Chicken Curry with garlic nan."
Him: "Ok, got it. Are you married?"
Me: "Err, no, I'm not."
Him: "How old are you?"
Me: "Errr... 37."
Him: "Do you like massages?"
Me: "Well, in general, sure, haven't had one on my trip though."
Him: "I can give you a massage, in your room at 11."
Me: "Äääääh... thanks for the offer, really, no."

So, I eat my chicken curry, and tell him to put the bill on the room. I kinda wait for him to give me a copy of the bill, but that never happens, so I got back to my room. 3 minutes a knock on my door.

Him: "Oh hi, I need your signature on the bill." *comes into room*
Me: *I quickly scribble signature on bill*
Him: "So, hm, no massage?"
Me: "No, thank you, really. Goodbye."

Holy shit, seriously!

In other sexual news, one of today's stops was the Jain temple in Ranakpur, where the Kamasutra has its origin! See pictures for interesting positions in marble.

Cheers,
Ralf



------------------------------------- Deutsch ------------------------------------------------
Wie, schon wieder ein Update? Naja, mein neues Hotel in Udaipur hat guten Internetzugang, und das muss man ausnutzen. Hab auch ein paar neue Bilder (siehe unten).

Der Posttitel ("Logischerweise bin ich schwul!"), naja, hier ist die Geschichte. Nicht überraschend, indische Kultur ist ein "wenig" konservativer als westliche, und Sachen laufen hier in strengere Bahnen als bei uns. Somit hat mir mein Fahrer schon öfters in den Ohren gelegen wie die Sachen in Indien laufen, wo man einen Job kriegt, dann heiratet, und dann den Pez Dispenser anschmeisst.
Ich passe natürlich nicht in das Schema, und ich hatte schon ein anderes indisches Individuum daß andeutete daß es wohl nur eine Erklärung gäbe, nämlich daß ich schwul bin.
Soweit, so gut. Bin dann heute abend in meinem Hotel angekommen in Udaipur (Großstadt), und mir ist direkt aufgefallen daß der Bell Boy ein bisschen *zu* freundlich war. Und ultraschwul. Aber bis zum Anschlag.
Naja, mit oben genannter Begründung daß ich schwul sein *müsse*, hat der Typ nix anbrennen lassen, und ging direkt ans Werk.

Ich: "Ich hätte gern ein Mango Lassi, Chicken Curry und ein Knoblauch Nan."
Er: "Ok, alles klar. Bist du verheiratet?"
Ich: "Äh, nee, bin ich nicht."
Er: "Wie alt bis du denn?"
Ich: "Ähhh, 37."
Er: "Magst du Massagen?"
Ich: "An sich schon, hab aber auf meiner Reise noch keine in Anspruch genommen."
Er: "Ich kann die eine geben, auf deinem Zimmer, um 11."
Ich: "Äääääääh... danke fürs Angebot, aber nee."

Ich ess mein Chicken Curry, und sag ihm er soll die Rechnung auf Zimmer setzen. Ich warte daß er mir die Kopie der Rechnung gibt, aber das geschieht nicht, worauf ich mich in meine Zimmer vedrücke. 3 Minutes, Klopfen an der Tür.

Er: "Oh hi, ich brauch noch ne Unterschrift auf der Rechnung." *kommt direkt ins Zimmer*
Ich: *unterschreibe schnell die Rechnung*
Er: "Also, hm, keine Massage?"
Ich: "Nee, echt nicht, danke. Auf Wiedersehen."

Aber ehrlich, alter Schwede!

In anderen sexuellen Nachrichten, einer der heutigen Stopps war ein Tempel der Jain in Ranakpur, wo der Kamasutra seinen Ursprung hatte! Interessante Bilder, siehe unten.

Ralf


2 comments: