Pages

8/04/2011

Αθήνα!

Greetings (or is it Greecings?) from Athens!
Long time no write, so here's what's new: Had a very relaxing time in Germany, with a fun evening at my dad's 70th birthday party. Met lots of relatives too, who I see about once every 10 years or so (a few pics here). In case you're wondering what happens on German birthday parties, well, there's (public) joke-telling, men's choir singing, all that kind of stuff!

Well, now I'm in Athens (arrived yesterday) and good god, is it hot during the day. My fault I guess for starting my trip in the hottest summer time! I went to Acropolis today, and it was 34C (93F) in the shade. Add to that a blistering sun, and you can imagine that I was rather resembling Gollum, moving from one shaded tree to the next. I think for the remaining days here I will wait until the worst heat is over, and then explore the city in the afternoon/evening.
The apartment is another 2-bed room kinda thing (sharing it with a Brit), even though right now there's 2.1 people living here. Check the first pic to see what I mean :) He didn't mind being photographed, so I had a lot of time getting the focus/flash right etc.
Antother thing that you might have already noticed: German translation below from now on! I had a look at what Google Translate produced, and it's ... well, kinda at the level of what BBN's TransTac produces. (which a while go told me to "drink the enemy". Not sure what that means, but it sure sounds metal)

Cheers,
Ralf
---------------------------

Grüße aus Athen!
Ich bin jetzt in Athen (gestern angekommen) und mann ist das heiß hier. Naja, meine Schuld daß ich meine Reise mitten im Hochsommer antrete! War heute auf der Akropolis, mit 34 Grad im Schatten. Dann noch mit fetter Sonne obendrauf, und dann bin ich wie Gollum von Herr der Ringe von einem Baumschatten zum nächsten geflüchtet. Die restlichen Tage werde ich hier wohl den Nachmittag/Abend abwarten bevor ich rausgehe.
Das Apartment ist wie in Rom ein 2-Bett Zimmer (teil mir das gerade mit nem Briten), obwohl wir gerade 2,1 Bewohner haben (siehe erstes Bild in der Diashow :) Wenigstens hat er stillgehalten, da hatte ich genug Zeit den Fokus einzustellen.
Wer den englischen Teil oben nicht gelesen hat: Ab jetzt auch ne deutsche Übersetzung, weil Google Translate dann doch zu Scheiße war. Ungefähr so die Qualität wie unser Produkt bei BBN, und das kann man ja keinem antun....

Bis zum nächsten Mal,
Ralf


Pictures/Fotos (direct link to album):


No comments:

Post a Comment